Re: Lock of sorts on 2.1.128

Neil Booth (NeilB@earthling.net)
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 11:13:36 +0900

Eric Princen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I upgraded to 2.1.128 last night. Everything went smoothly and it appeared
> to run fine. Over night at some point, things went bad. I was running X
> with Window Maker and xscreensaver (not much else.) I noticed this morning

You don't mention your version of Windowmaker, but if it's 0.20.0 or
earlier, there is a time-wrap bug with a high chance of freezing the
system every 60 days or so. I think Nov 11 or thereabouts is one of
those days. Previous one in September killed hundreds of people!

The latest versions have it fixed.

Neil.