Re: Linux Splash Screen

jens@pinguin.conetix.de
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 22:53:18 +0100

On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 06:55:21PM +0000, SrfRoG wrote:

>> Hmm...I wonder if it would be possible to use the new framebuffer code to
>> do this? If in a graphics mode console you could throw an image in the
>> background. (But I *have* to see the boot messages! How else can you
>> diagnose a crash during boot!)
> Isn't that syslogd'd job? While stuff is being logged in the

trouble is, when the kernel hangs before loading INIT and such ... but, the
issue just isn't there: press a key and the display will switch back.

> background, you can do whatever on the display. I had an itch
> for this already ... if nobody takes it, I'll do it first ;)

yeah, go ahead. Best if you take the above patch and modify it, might save
some time. Happy hacking. :)

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________http://www.pinguin.conetix.de_
    cat /dev/boiler/water | tea | sieve > /cup