Re: Linux Splash Screen

jens@pinguin.conetix.de
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 23:02:26 +0100

On Thu, Nov 12, 1998 at 12:50:38PM -0600, Hughes, Timothy P wrote:

> Plus, In addition to seldom rebooting, Linux loads so quickly on most
> systems, I could see a splash screen creating a more significant slow down
> than it is worth. My linux box takes all of about 5-10 seconds to boot the
> kernel and startup X.

I'd like to see THAT here ... what're you using, X terminals? :) My box
seems to enjoy its 60 - 90 seconds before I can log in via kdm ...
(including brain cell counting by the BIOS)

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________http://www.pinguin.conetix.de_
    cat /dev/boiler/water | tea | sieve > /cup