Re: 2.1.127: Weird fork/exec malfunction

Stefan Becker (stefan.becker@post.rwth-aachen.de)
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:32:17 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Nils Philippsen wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:08:11 +0100 (CET)
> From: Nils Philippsen <nils@rhlx01.rz.fht-esslingen.de>
> To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: 2.1.127: Weird fork/exec malfunction
>
> Yesterday I experienced a real strange behaviour on my system at home (stock
> 2.1.127 on a Cyrix 6x86L)

I've a P166MMX, ASUS P55T2P4 (HX), 128MB RAM, DAWI DC2974 SCSI-Controller

> I tried to Ctrl-Alt-Del, but it failed due to the
> aforementioned reasons. Luckily I had Magic SysRq compiled in the kernel
> so I could bring down the system nicely.

but I've had the same problems more than once (about four times).
I followed all upgrade instructions in Documentation/Changes. I was
astonished that I couldn't really do anything at all with my box.

Nothing in the logs.

I was lucky having the SysRq compiled into my kernel (a really nice
feature).

> Nils

Stefan

PS.: please excuse my broken english