Re: DLEDFORD IS GREAT

Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:26:07 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Bob Taylor wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.3.95.981109210642.369B-100000@localhost>, Gerard Roudier w
> rites:
>
> [snip]
>
> > My concern is a more general problem:
> >
> > All these $$ for Linux may lead to too much contributions by commercial
> > companies and to fiew independant contributions, because:
> >
> > 1 - Independant contributors have less time and resources.
> > 2 - If the work is done by companies, independant contributor get useless,
> > and useless things generally disappear.
> >
> > Now, if suddenly, for whatever reason, these companies will decide to stop
> > their linux $$ support, it may happen that independant contributors will
> > not be enough or have enough knowledge of Linux in order to maintain it
> > alive.
>
> On what planet do you live? Do you realize how *stupid* this is?

What is stupid? Not to live on the same planet as yours or not to think
as inhabitants of your planet do?
Are you from the planet where $$ make people get large eyes bright and
red and have long and sharp teeth?
No, it is definitely not my planet.

> > On the other hand, $$ may stear Linux in a so evil direction that some
> > famous contributors may decide to give up the project, just not to feel
> > them as idiot for the rest of their life.
>
> Do you express the same concern when corporations send a check to the FSF?

I express about Linux at Linux lists.

> Hmm? Be happy! Evil? Sheesh!

What's that ? Is it martian language ?

Regards,