Re: SPDIF & SoundblasterLive

Gregory Maxwell (linker@z.ml.org)
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:45:34 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Oliver Paukstadt wrote:

> HY HY
>
> What is the support-status of SPDIF with Linux?
> Which cards are supported for SPDIF-Input?

You can do S/PDIF output on AWE32 through a hack.

There is a cheap $18 card that has basic s/pdif I/O that works in Linux
(however getting input to work on that card often requires a soldering
iron)

Some the the turtle beach cards support s/pdif I/O under linux.

I'd be intrested in any other expirences with s/pdif.. I've currently got
a computer in the car outputing s/pdif from a awe32 to a FlyingCow DAC..

> Any expiriences with 'soundblaster LIVE!' ?

I've got a friend trying to learn Linux who has one.. RH 5.2 doesn't see
it. I posted about a week ago but got no answer.