Re: 2.1.127 knfs locking: "schedule_timeout: wrong timeout value fffac200"

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 07:09:56 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, David Woodhouse wrote:

> The attached patch fixes both lockd and schedule_timeout(). The former
> now checks for a timeout value of less than zero, and the latter will
> schedule() anyway.

Spot on! Fixed the locking problem with my P150+ server. Still some
funniness with a Dual PPro SMP box here, though. The mount daemon and
knfsd pause for almost a minute during load. After they come up, the
first attempt at using RPC (e.g. 'showmount -e') again hangs for almost a
minute before returning with a timeout error. Subsequent tries then work
properly, as do client mounts.

Something anomolous still lurks within.

Steve