Re: 53c7,8xxx.c driver

Mr. James W. Laferriere (babydr@baby-dragons.com)
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 11:08:50 -0800 (PST)

Hello Marc, afaik there hasn't been an update to this driver
for sometime except as a patch from differant people over the
last 1-2 years . imo an ncr53c7xx only driver would be a good
thing (TM) for all concerned . Also the 710 on board the
prosignia (i beleive) is thru pci . Might try creating an
7,8xx floppy disk & boot it seeing if that can pull up the
irq from it . Just a thought

On 8 Nov 1998, Marc SCHAEFER wrote:
> Hi,
> is the 53c7,8xxx.c still developped ?
>
> also, is someone using (e.g. Amiga) the NCR53c710 chip with it, or
> is it another driver ?
>
> I inherited a Compaq Prosignia PC which has a 710 on-board, and I
> want to try modifying the driver (which looks PCI-only).
>
> thank you for any input.
Hth, JimL