Re: DLEDFORD IS GREAT

Sat, 7 Nov 1998 10:02:22 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Ricardo Galli Granada wrote:

> According to Hallowen II, 80% of the PCs have an adaptec. So, 80% of Linux
> users are happy last days with new adaptec drivers from Doug.

What the ratio of aic7xx based controllers?. On the other hand, users seem
to prefer IDE drives, so these controllers are probably used most of the
time with non hard disk devices.

1 - 90% of PCs have Windows/Whatever O/Ses and I dont have any of these
craps.
2 - I only use SCSI storage devices and all my disks are SCSI.
3 - I donnot have adaptec controllers.

And beleive me, I am a quite happy PC user too and, as French people, I
really donnot care of the bogus Hallowen fiesta which is just american
marketing immoderateness, IMO.

Regards,
Gerard.