Re: New DoS via SAK?

RoboHak (RoboHak@protovision.fcn.net)
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 02:25:50 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Gerhard Mack wrote:

> Last time I had it happen was BitchX 74p3 (right before I quite hanging
> around efnet). Term=linux . It apreared to be an ansi code that set my
> console blinking and wouldn't stop even with the console reset program.
>
> Gerhard

That explains it 74p3 did have a bug where a high ascii escape could get
through, but it was fixed right away. 74p2 did not have this problem and
neither does any of the 75 versions. As in most cases, it's a good idea to
upgrade to the newest version of BitchX and/or EPIC regularly.

--
RoboHak		RoboHak@protovision.fcn.net | RoboHak@mediaone.net