Re: Comments on Microsoft Open Source document

Alex Belits (abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 14:11:53 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Riley Williams wrote:

> > Outlook to extract the files - even Outlook Express cannot cope!
>
> I have a simple solution to this - if somebody sends me an attachment
> that I can't extract, I send them a message saying so and advising
> them to send it in a format that I can extract. As far as I'm
> concerned, the onus is on the SENDER to ensure the recipient can use
> what they're attaching, not on the recipient to waste time doing other
> people's jobs for them...

Some people have annoying habit of sending attachments in MS Word to
company's internal mailing list, and they bitch quite loudly when someone
tell them that their attachments can't be read -- "Everyone else had no
problems with that", etc.

--
Alex