Re: Comments on Microsoft Open Source document

Thomas Molina (tmolina@probe.net)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:52:04 -0600 (EST)

M$ does have a history of "upgrades" intended to break protocols. They
appeared to wage a two year war with IBM over OS/2's compatability mode.
The first WfW 3.11 upgrade appeared to have no purpose besides breaking
that compatability. The numerous win32s changes also seemed to be aimed
in that direction. IBM finally gave up. I don't believe the OSS
community cares enough about compatability for that tactic to work.