Re: pre*-6 breaks PCMCIA again

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
4 Nov 1998 07:14:19 GMT

In article <363FEF91.DE46FEB8@isn.net>, Garst R. Reese <reese@isn.net> wrote:
>extern timer_pending conflicts with static int timer_pending in PCMCIA
>tcic.c
>This was introduced in Andreas arca*-7 patch and incorporated in pre*-6.
>You guys must really love dhinds.

I would suggest you ask dhinds to either
- submit his pcmcia stuff to the standard kernel
- or use non-generic names

I _cannot_ fix anything that is distributed as separate patches. I won't
even try to, nor am I trying to keep track of what they do.

It's not about loving or not loving dhinds. It's about being reasonable.

Linus