Re: Sendmail 8.9.1 and 2.1.127-pre3 (fwd)

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 08:27:11 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, John Hayward-Warburton wrote:

> OK, further to my previous post, it seems to be something to do
> with gethostbyname()? In previous kernel versions, this function
> did not require named to be running, and quickly returned a
> "don't know" type of response. Now, it seems much slower.

John,

Try 2.1.127-pre2 and see if the problem occurs. Something is hosed here
with knfsd under pre3 that works fine with pre2. It's been suggested that
gethostbyname() was to blame for that as well.

Steve