Re: PCI modem !?

Gregory Maxwell (linker@z.ml.org)
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 19:57:02 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > I just got PCI modem with Rockwell chipset and I don't
> > think it is winmodem. Can somebody tell me how can I
> > attach it to some /dev/ttyS? device !?
>
> You ask rockwell for specs, you wait, they ignore your email
>
> At least from my experiment

I wonder if such companies do better in person?

With Linux use so wide spread.. How tough could it be to arrange a network
of charismatic people to go visit these companies at work (or perhaps
trade shows) and give them a gentle virtual slap on the head? :)

I volunteer to go jog BOCA Tech. if they ever need jogging.. :) (or anyone
else from Ft. Pierce FL to Northern Broward county FL)..