Re: Volume Managers in Linux

Florian Lohoff (flo@quit.mediaways.net)
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 14:17:48 +0100

On Fri, Oct 30, 1998 at 10:39:02AM -0600, McGee, Chris wrote:
> Yes,
>
> I know of one fellow who is doing LVM in the style of HP/UX's LVM. I
> tried it on a test box some time ago, and it worked well.
>
> He is Heinz Mauelshagen (mge@ez-darmstadt.telekom.de).
>
> I think that a large part of the Linux userbase is not interested in LVM
> because they do not understand how nice it is. I use HP/UX every day,
> so I am interested :)

Even the core developers seem to prefer other methods of
implementing e.g. resizeing -> ext2/3 etc.

Id like to see the LVM and an resizeable filesystem etc but
this seems not to be the way it will go.

Flo

--
Florian.Lohoff@mediaWays.net			+49-5241-80-7085
Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three). (RFC 1925)