Re: Volume Managers in Linux

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 15:43:44 -0600 (CST)

On 30 Oct 1998, HARAWAT.IN.ORACLE.COM wrote:

> Is anyone working on writing Volume Managers for Linux, or any there
> any Volume Managers available for Linux .
>
> Harish

Oh, indeed there is...
It's fetchable from http://www.msede.com/linux/lvm

Heinz Mauelshagen's LVM (Logical Volume Manager) howto.

It *feels* a lot like Vertas. I would LOVE to see someone
get it to compile on glibc2 systems. I was going to devote
some time to it myself, but got way busy at work.

I KNEW this was going to happen with the advent of major
DB vendors hopping on the bandwagon!!!

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
Day 2111 for the poor and the middle class.
Day 2130 for the rich and the dead.
811 days remaining in the Raw Deal.