Re: Directory name problem...

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 22:16:06 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

>| On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
>| >Personally, I think anyone who names a non-coredump file `core' is asking
>| >for it.
>|
>| Personally, I think anyone creating a system administration level
>| shell script that deletes all files and/or directories named
>| "core" is asking for it.
>+--->8
>
>But the folks who run publicly-accessible Unix boxes have been doing so for
>over 15 years, so you're a bit late.

Well that doesn't mean that because something may or may not have
been done for 15 years that it makes it ok, or a proper solution.
Especially when a truly proper one is so easy to create.

Granted however, some systems that don't allow logins, etc.. the
"corefile deleting rampage" script would work fine, even if it
weren't the proper way of doing it.

At any rate, lets kill this...

--
Mike A. Harris  -  Computer Consultant  -  Linux advocate

Linux software galore: http://freshmeat.net