Re: [patch] my latest oom stuff

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:54:16 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Benjamin C.R. LaHaise wrote:

>Ummmm, this is Bad. Remember, some CPUs out there are pretty slow and
>won't be able to get much done if an arbitrary time limit is imposed
>(68020s and 386SXs are good examples).

Yes. I know that. Also Alpha could go out of tune. I am getting rid of the
jiffies at all and instead I am making kswapd a real process that
schedule() if need_resched is true. It will run all the time with a
dynamic priority until there will be not enough memory and *_over_max()
are true.

Andrea Arcangeli