Re: 2.2.0 and egcs 1.1 was Re: Sorry, wrong gcc-version

Michael Harnois (mharnois@willinet.net)
25 Oct 1998 23:10:17 -600

Andi Kleen <ak@muc.de> writes:

> I'm curious. Did you see any new to egcs 1.1 bug that was caused/went away
> with -fno-gcse ? I would expect global CSE to move a lot of code and cause
> locking problems etc. by this.

The current problem with 2.1.126 and egcs-1.1a goes away (for me) by
adding -fno-inline-functions -fno-unroll-loops. I haven't yet
recompiled a few more times to see which of those is the actual cure.

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mharnois@willinet.net                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org