Re: Extremely broken sound drivers (and modutils)

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:26:37 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Bob McElrath wrote:

> 2) kernel module "soundcore" does not properly keep the "used" variable.
> This makes it impossible to remove this module.

Should be fixed in 2.1.126.

> 5) "modinfo -p <anything>" goes into an infinite loop...though this isn't a
> sound problem. "modinfo <anything>" just sits there. (modutils
> 2.1.121) Is modutils broken too?

Nope. It's a tiny bug in modinfo.c that's easily fixed. I have a patch for
it, I sent it to the l-k mailing list but noone bothered to acknowledge
it. modutils-2.1.121 should work just fine with this patch.

I do not have enough information on the other points.

Cheers,
Alex

--
 /\_/\  Legalise cannabis now!
( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
 > ^ <  Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk - *new* - rewritten for text browser users!

Linux tahallah 2.1.126 #59 SMP Sat Oct 24 11:46:13 EDT 1998 Two Intel Pentium Pro processors, 331.78 total bogomips, 48M RAM System library 2.0.99