Re: aic7881U (rev 1) chipset + 2.1.125 = trouble

Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 18:49:57 -0500 (EST)

On 22 Oct 1998, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

> Tigran> Hi guys, I have been using 2.1.108 on my workstation for a
> Tigran> very long time with no problem. The usage was very
> Tigran> heavy. Now I boot 2.1.125 and the SCSI subsystem hangs
> Tigran> keeping resetting the bus. Here is some info:
>
> I and a few other people have also experienced these resets, so
> it's not just you and your hardware. 2.1.123 works fine, so you
> should probably downgrade to that.

This appears to be a generic problem with my latest driver versions. It
also appears to only be related to either certain revs of the aic7xxx chip
or certain revs of the BIOS. Since someone has pointed out at least one
of the bad machines doing this was an Asus based system, I'm going to try
getting my hands on that model of Asus board in the next week or so and
get this fixed properly.