Re: Directory name problem...

Clifford Wolf (clifford@clifford.at)
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 23:07:04 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Tim Smith wrote:

> > % Already tried, and he's not interested, but I did find out what script
> > % he's using...
> >
> > % Q> #!/bin/sh
> > % Q> XYZZY="`find / -name core`"
> > % Q> for LOOP in `find $XYZZY | sort -ru` ; do
> > % Q> rm -fr $LOOP
> > % Q> done
>
> You know, interesting things will happen when he runs that script
> and there are *not* any files named core around...

Here you see that his son is using solaris (or is just a little stupid
boy - probably both?). The Solaris find gives an error message to stdout
if there is no argument - for the GNU find this is an alias for 'find .'

Anyway - I don't wonder that a 14 years old boy writes such a code (I've
seen a basic program I wrote for the C64 as I was 9 a few days before. It
is a horrible code too.) - I just _really_ wonder how an admin of a server
(does he really get money for this?) can _use_ such a code ...

- clifford

Clifford Wolf (CEO and CTO)
The ROCK Projects Workgoup IRC: IRCnet / clifford
http://www.rock-projects.com/ http://www.clifford.at/
e-mail: c.wolf@rock-projects.com email: god@clifford.at