Re: attempt to access beyond end of device - bad values while

Chuck Mead (chuck@moongroup.com)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:15:58 -0400 (EWT)

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Doug Ledford wrote:

> Chuck Mead wrote:
> >
> > Here's some additional info:
> >
> > Sep 29 04:02:07 server kernel: EXT2-fs error (device 02:00):
> > ext2_write_inode: u
> > nable to read inode block - inode=2, block=5
>

> the aic7xxx driver and your IBM disk has nothing to do with a floppy disk.
> You might try getting a new floppy disk though, that would probably solve
> the problem. Possibly a low level format of the floppy disk.

Still learning Doug... because it's a production machine with clients
on it I watch it pretty close (logs) and I'd never seen that one.
dmesg filled me in once I figured out that's where I needed to go.
It's a remote machine and the floopy had been mounted but not
unmounted prior to removal of the disk. Alas it's not serious but we
live and learn. Thank you very much for the response as I mostly
audit this list since I couldn't develop an adequate cold much less
write a driver or kernel patch. Thanx again!

--
Chuck Mead, CEO - Moongroup Consulting, Inc. <chuck@moongroup.com>
http://www.moongroup.com/

The goal of science is to build better mousetraps. The goal of nature
is to build better mice.