Re: TTY Line Discipline definitions not synchronised across architectures.

Thomas Davis (tadavis@lbl.gov)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:37:02 -0700

David Woodhouse wrote:
> And the patch sneakily adds the extra ldiscs that I'd like to reserve numbers
> for, which was the whole point in my looking at them in the first place...
>
> tty-ldisc-9: Simatic R3964 protocol
> ( http://www.llp.fu-berlin.de/pool/software/fastserial/ )
>
> tty-ldisc-10: Profibus FDL ( http://www.profibus.com/ )
>
> Note that this patch adds no functionality, and I'm not making any attempt to
> put drivers for these ldiscs into the kernel (ATM).

Uhm, how about the IrDA line discpline?

since we are at getting official line discplines registered..

> I'd just like to register the ldisc identity numbers, in the same way as we
> register device nodes in Documentation/devices.{txt,tex} without actually including
> the drivers.

same thing.

we currently use N_IRDA as the definition..

Thanks!

Thomas Davis