Re: 2.1.123: Problem with xterm and friends

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 18:15:43 +1000

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:28:47 +0300 (EEST),
Matti Aarnio <matti.aarnio@sonera.fi> wrote:
>I don't know what MUA you use, Keith, but it definitely produces
>incorrectly formed MIME messages. Using such half-assed software
>is way worse to the alternate of using no MIME aware software.
>(And of course if you had used proper software, Linus would not
> have had any problems at pulling in your encoded diff.)

It was my own fault. The patch was originally attached in MIME which I
did not want, I hand editted it to remove the MIME headers and got it
wrong. Hey, we are only human here, lighten up.