Re: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 20:52:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Martin Mares wrote:
> [1] The remaining patches are not only bug fixes to fbcon, but mostly
> final versions of drivers as sent to me by their maintainers. I remember
> you saying that you _no_way_ want zillions of driver updates and I should
> queue them up and send as a single large patch.

Can't anybody understand that things change?

That was several months ago, and it was without some of the problems I've
had with the console patches.

> [2] Since this stuff (except for fbcon+vesafb) doesn't affect i386 at all,
> I expected you want to handle it as usual arch/ stuff, i.e. no fine-grained
> separation.

That used to be true. It's not true any more since I've gotten patches
that were reported to not impact anything that I cared about, and they
did. As it is, I want to know that what I'm putting in is ok.

Linus