Re: TCP Stall (IS GONE!!!!!)

Tue, 29 Sep 1998 08:42:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
>
> > Linux-2.1.123 gets rid of the long-time TCP Stall that I have been
> > seeing for a long-long time. I was so impressed downloading the
> > kernel on my PPP link that I have now done it three times!
> >

> Thanks. No wonder I couldn't get into ftp.kernel.org tonight. :)

NO NO NO. I downloaded it from my server to my home machine via my
PPP Link. The reported TCP Stall only occurs between two Linux
end-points, one on PPP, with a Linux router between them. It makes
a very bad combination resulting in up-to 1 minute stalls.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.123 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).