Re: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c

Kurt Garloff (garloff@kg1.ping.de)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:44:37 +0200

On Tue, Sep 29, 1998 at 12:54:44AM +0200, Kurt Garloff wrote:
> And you think it's a good idea to have the linux community divide into to
> parts: The Linus party and the VGER party?
> One of the problems of free software is to have one version accepted as the
> standard one and to have people fix this one and not their highly
> customized one.
> Don't do that!

OK, I read a few more messages on this subject now and I see you got reasons
not to sync with vger. I'd still prefer you to have some agreement with the
vger people to have patches going in and you're still able to not let in
some features you consider not belonging there. VGER should create a Linus
branch ...
I really don't wanna see the power of the Linux people split into two parts.

(And maybe you just want that. There are a lot of people enthusiastic about
kernel development and sending a lot of patches. Maybe you don't want to
discrourage them but of course you can't let everything. So they got a vger
kernel to play with ... ? )

Regards,

--
Kurt Garloff, Dortmund