Re: Strange trouble with ip-masquerading

Matthias Bilger (billman@deepthought.wh.uni-stuttgart.de)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:40:03 +0200

On Sat, Sep 26, 1998 at 06:54:12PM +0200, Matthias Bilger wrote:
> this only happens when a certain client (an Atari with STiNG as TCP/IP
> Stack is in the "masqueraded" subnet.
>
> It happens with kernel from 2.0.32 to 2.0.35 (I never tested 2.1.x Kernels
> up to now)
>
> Of course, there's something wrong with the tcp/ip Stack on the Atari, but
> Linux shouldn't get confused by it :)

Hm, I had a closer look on it last night, it seems to crash, when the linux-
box de-masquerades a packet and sends it back to the atari - so the atari
seems to send packets, that cannot be properly masqueraded - what i don't
understand is: why does this cause Linux to kill it's interrupt -
handler?

Masquerading detects an error:
MASQ: failed TCP/UDP checksum from 206.251.6.155!
MASQ: failed TCP/UDP checksum from 206.251.6.155!

- so it shouldn't get that confused

Matthias

--
Matthias Bilger # http://wwwcip.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/~tpe10589