Re: lpd uses 100% CPU and prints very slowly after upgrdae to 2.0.35

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn?= Gard (torbjorn.gard@elektrondata.se)
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 09:42:40 +0200

Adoram Rogel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found a couple of mentions in usenet about this problem,
> and Andy Spiegl (news.andy@spiegl.de) wrote that when he diffed lp.c from
> 2.0.34 and
> 2.0.35, found the difference, commented it out and recompiled
> all worked fine.
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Well, it happened to me, too, when upgrading from 2.0.33 to 2.0.35.
>
> Any idea anyone ?

The following is a quote on the subject a few weeks ago. (Alan
Cox comment
is from 2.0.35pre7 if I remember correctly)

> Alan Cox wrote:
> Printer Driver
> The correction in the printer handling upset the Epson Stylus
> 800. The driver know has a LPSTRICT option that can be set for
> printers that need absolute strict NBUSY handling.

I am still using 2.0.34 as I do not like this "solution". You
should not
have to recompile the kernel just because you change the printer.

--
Torbjörn Gard             Linux :-)        Tel +46 31 12 53 82
Elektrondata AB                            Fax +46 31 42 53 51