Re: Linux, UDI and SCO.

David Lang (dlang@diginsite.com)
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:27:50 -0700 (PDT)

one misunderstanding that either I have or many others have.

If I understand UDI, the purpose is that there would be a x86 driver, a
sparc driver, an alpha driver NOT a win95 driver, win98 driver winNT
driver, liux driver, solaris driver, sco driver, etc.

One driver with a layer in each OS that lets it use the driver for that
hardware (platform, card combo)

David Lang