Re: patch for 2.1.122 dquota -- please test!

Cyrille Chepelov (chepelov@rip.ens-cachan.fr)
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:09:24 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

> I've put together a patch that should fix the recently reported race
> problems in the dquota code.

> The patch has been compiled but not tested, so I'd appreciate some test
> reports from anyone using disk quota, especially if you've had problems
> with hanging processes.

Well, as far as I can say after running a couple of "quotacheck -av" and
/sbin/lilo (which both hung the machine, besides passwd), is that this
seems to be working ! I chmod'ed the passwd command back to 4711 and told
the users to change their passwords, so if nasties are still lurking,
they'll have to show up soon. I'll make slightly more detailed tests
(such as attempting to go over quota) this evening.

-- Cyrille