Re: Linux, UDI and SCO.

Terry L Ridder (terrylr@tbcnet.com)
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:10:42 -0500

Jukka Tapani Santala wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Terry L Ridder wrote:
> > Participation is open to all parties, regardless of company affiliation.
> > Linux Community would dominate Project UDI.
>
> I hoped to avoid this thread altogether, but while I otherwise liked this
> analysis, I do disagree on this, which I consider to be a very important
> point. As far as I read the quoted bits, nowhere ther eit was said that
> each company can send only one representative, or in fact that they have
> to even be from a company, so it becomes simply a race of how many people
> briefed in your agenda you can afford to continuously send into the
> meetings. You know as well as I do who'd lose in that.

Your concern is addressed in the Project UDI Policies and Procedures
document dated November 5th, 1995 which I quote below:

<Begin Quote>
7. Eligible Voters

All voting participants in attendance are eligible voters except that
at any given meeting at most 50% of the eligible voters may be from any
one company. In the even that more than 50% of the voting participants
in attendance at a meeting are from one company, the voting participants
from that company shall designate which subset are eligible voters for
that meeting. If the application of this rule results in lack of a
quorum, then a quorum shall not exist at that meeting.
<End Quote>

I personally am looking into my schedule to determine if I will
be able to attend the next three meetings. I am also trying to
determine if the calendar of events on the Project UDI Web Page
is still valid.

I would hope that RedHat, Caldera, and other distributors of
Linux would also send technical people to the next three meetings.

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

entertaining angels by the light of my computer screen 24-7 you wait for me entertaining angels while the night becomes history host of heaven, sing over me ==Entertaining Angels==Newsboys