Re: Linux, UDI and SCO.

Sun, 20 Sep 1998 16:47:58 +0100

On Sat, Sep 19, 1998 at 03:49:31PM -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> With a proliferation of binary-only UDI drivers for Linux, and growing
> portion of "just users" who do not know better, there is an extremely
> good chance that that story will become a "Linux story". I am also quite
> confident that such cases will be reported by trade rags as examples of
> "Unix/Linux is for propeller-heads only user-unfriendly immature system
> with a bad interface". A lack of competence of a driver packager will
> be not mentioned at all.

The journalist who writes the article is probably briefed by the driver
packager only, and probably supported financially by the driver packager
through ads or another way. Cynical I know, but it is my experience.

An amazing number of articles are just companies' self promotion.
Sometimes in a good way, sometimes bad.

-- Jamie