Re: intel_vs_better

kwrohrer@ce.mediaone.net
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 02:31:56 -0500 (CDT)

And lo, Terry L Ridder saith unto me:

> RHS Linux User wrote:
> >
> > I'm browsing the web trying to figure out why Intel wants
> > to be involved in the creation of a driver interface specification.
> > And why they and x86 and non-x86 unix vendors would like to
> > see Linux involved.
> >

> The bottomline for Intel is money.
> No surprise there. ;-)

While I've steadfastly avoided the rest of the thread, I hadn't heard
that the plea was directed at Open Source people, just at device
makers...unless this was what Slashdot reported SCO asking for before
the UDI acronym appeared there.

Intel wants this for I2O and Merced, and if it helps anybody else out...
well, they're not Microsoft.

Keith

--
Morkysoft: A software company whose solution to problems centers around
pointing their middle fingers and saying "ooo" until the problem goes away.