Re: aha152x in 2.1.121 causes dropped ppp packets

Terry L Ridder (terrylr@tbcnet.com)
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 10:49:34 -0500

David Mansfield wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This an annoyance that I've seen since 2.0.3x that I decided to mention in
> case in can or should be fixed.
>
> SUMMARY: aha152x with DAT combined with IDE activity (i.e. tar) blocks
> PPP. If I am accessing a SCSI-DAT drive (HP SureStore) via my aha152x
> card AND writing data to IDE disk, the system loses the ability to process
> serial port information.

What is the hardware configuration that you are running:
What for CPU?
What for Memory?
Where is swap located?
What other devices are on the SCSI bus?
What other IDE devices are used?

<snip>

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt and all the milk has turned and Captain Crunch is waving farewell when the Big One finds you may this song remind you that they don't serve breakfast in hell ==Breakfast==Newsboys