Re: FS idea

Joseph H. Buehler (jhpb@sarto.gaithersburg.md.us)
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:08:40 -0400

PM> Which filesystems did you add, BTW? I'm currenly trying with Olaf
PM> Kirch about making adding filesystems to nfsd much more easier...

PM> Could you please mail me that patch? I might be able to port it to
PM> 2.1.X... What modifications were needed to nfs server?

I didn't modify the NFS server, it is an NFS server in its own right.
The code was written long before I had a linux box, for SVR4.

It provides BSD filesystem semantics on a DAT tape drive. As I
recall, there is a version in the Redhat contrib; look for "wormdat".

>> Alan rejected the patches because 2.0.3x is supposed to be the stable
>> kernel, and desire for the patch is probably low. Does 2.1.x have
>> this functionality in it? It would be very useful to me.

PM> Could you please mail me that patch? I'd certainly like it, too.

Since the patches have already been posted here before I will send it
in a separate email.

Joe Buehler