Re: Next round of console patches

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:10:48 +1000

Gerd Knorr writes:
> On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Tom Eastep wrote:
>
> > Richard Gooch wrote:

> > > That's quite bad. Can you do two separate tests, please? Firstly,
> > > insert a printk just before the call to mtrr_add() and send me a copy
> > > of your kernel logs?
> >
> > Gerd: Is there a way to defer the call to this code until after boot? It's
> > getting called so early in the boot sequence that no messages are logged.
>
> No. You can comment out this line (I'll add a boot parameter to
> disable the mtrr thing if we can't pin down this), so it will never
> be called.

I don't think this will be necessary. I have an idea of what's causing
this and how to fix it. I just need to get some more info (see my

Gerd: the call to mtrr_add() doesn't appear in the standard kernels
nor in the latest pre-patches. Am I right in assuming this is a
separate patch?

Regards,

Richard....