Re: 2.1.118 Tons of oopes

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:27:48 +1000

Jamie Lokier writes:
> At first, Richard, I was in total agreement with you. Why so many
> pointless NULL entries? New ops have gone at the end in the past, quite
> often.
>
> But your point about announcing changes on this list has changed my
> mind.

I also think the kernel should come with a changelog. I'm not
advocating the list as the only notification of changes. If the
changelog was properly updated and had the right format, the kernel
patch autobot could include the list of changes for that patch as part
of the message.

Hopefully Larry McVoy's source management work will solve all our
problems (well, some of them anyway:-).

Regards,

Richard....