Re: Specs form OPL3-SA3 anyone?

Scott Murray (scottm@interlog.com)
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 23:53:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Stephen Balukoff wrote:

> - --==_Exmh_-1094496715P
>
> Is this what you're looking for?
>
> ftp://ftp.yamahayst.com/pub/Fax_Back_Doc/Sound/YMF715.PDF
>
> I've also got one of these chips in my Gateway 9100xl. Can't tell you much
> more about it, though... :)
>
> Stephen

I have a no-name PnP sound card based on the OPL3-SAx, which is the
follow on to the SA3. Using the PDF files from Yamaha's ftp site, I
started working on a driver for the SA[2,3,x] chipsets a few months
back. I got far enough along to get sound out of the card using my
driver, but I need to add support for the master volume mixer. With
the good summer weather, I've not touched the code in quite a while,
but I will try and get something finished by the end of this weekend.
I will post a patch here at that time for anyone who wants to test it.

Scott

      	    	      Scott Murray, scottm@interlog.com
     "Good, bad ... I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, "Army of Darkness"