Re: patch for x86 treatment of fs and gs in signal handlers

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 02:53:37 +0100

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> It is not planned to use the LDT in non-threaded programs. It could
> be but I'm not sure it's wise.

Actually I thought of a way to do the non-threaded case without an LDT
entry and without treating it as a special case (branch etc.).

Which has given me a whole new idea on how thread-local data could work
just by declaring it with a `thread_local' GCC attribute and some linker
tricks.

Are there any plans afoot for something so neat?

-- Jamie