Re: NFS looking good!

Bill Hawes (whawes@transmeta.com)
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 16:16:49 -0700

Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

> Bill, et al,
>
> I applied your little patch to instrument the NFS subsystem. I'm able to
> reproduce the "semaphore in use" Aiee at will.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the testing on the knfsd semaphore problem. From the debug messages you posted I did find one
minor initialization problem, but haven't yet spotted the real problem yet.

I've attached a patch with a few more tests for you to try, and would like to see if turning on the nfsd
and nlm debugging will help locate the problem. Try doing a

echo 65535 >/proc/sys/sunrpc/{nlm_debug, nfsd_debug}

and then try to trigger the warning messages.

Looking forward to more debugging messages,

Regards,
Bill