AW: AHA1542 and dev kernel 115

Welwarsky, Matthias (Matthias.Welwarsky@Dresdner-Bank.com)
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:19:57 +0200

I´ve seen this happening on a GigaByte board once. No PS/2 Mouse
attached and the BIOS mapped the NIC to IRQ 12 - no go. I had to force IRQ
12 to "Legacy ISA" to have the BIOS keeping its hands off it and use a
different IRQ for the NIC. After all it seems that it´s not the fault of the
BIOS but of the mainboard design that blocked the IRQ line even if no device
was attached.

Gruss,
Matthias