Re: AHA1542 and dev kernel 115

Riccardo Facchetti (fizban@tin.it)
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:10:43 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Eric Youngdale wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Riccardo Facchetti wrote:
>
> > Found the problem.
> > The aha1542cf (at least the one I own) don't work on IRQ 12. It works well
> > on IRQ 10. I don't know why, but setting the controller to IRQ 10 resolved
> > the problem (may be an hardware conflict).
>
> This doesn't sound like a driver bug.
>
> Are you aware that there are two sets of jumpers for the 1542 -
> one that sets the IRQ, and the second which sets the IRQ what the host
> adapter tells the host that it is going to use? As you might expect,
> these two settings must agree or the card doesn't work.

No I have only one set of jumpers, as others pointed out and the IRQ is
set by SCSISelect and not by jumpers.

> It could also be a conflict.

Yes it could but the only conflict I can see is with the PS/2 mouse that
uses IRQ 12 by default.
I don't tink it clash with PS/2 mouse because I have not such a mouse and
the support for it is disabled in the mobo BIOS. To confirm that IRQ 12 is
free, I can see that the other SCSI ctrl I have (a PCI ncr53c810) is using
IRQ 12 at boot (okay, remapped after the boot, but the PCI BIOS assign IRQ
12 to the device).

I am confused, but IRQ 10 works :)

Ciao,
Riccardo.