Re: copy_from_user() fix

Rob Hagopian (hagopiar@vuser.vu.union.edu)
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:57:03 -0400 (EDT)

Just my $0.02, I think it should be a per process personality, but it
should default to SEGV. If a process can handle EFAULT, it should tell the
kernel so... I know it's changing the default behavior, but 1) it is still
a development kernel, and 2) I don't think it's a _commonly_ tested for
condition. But then, I think that SEGV is a better default behavior for
programs that don't check for EFAULT...
-Rob H.