Re: copy_from_user() fix

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cybernet.co.nz)
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:29:08 +1200

On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 02:36:04PM +1000, Richard Gooch wrote:

> I've already said several times that I have no problem with such an
> option. All I am saying is that EFAULT should not be forcefully
> removed from Linux.

I'll bet money Linus won't allow EFAULT to be removed anyhow (now
would be a good time to chime in). He'll probably allow a sysctl with
default to the current behavior or a personality flag though...

Actually... a personality flag make more sense. Per-process quackery
is better than system-wide silliness.

-cw