Re: Fuzzy hash stuff.. (was Re: 2.1.xxx makes Electric Fence 22x slower)

Wed, 26 Aug 1998 01:03:02 +0100

On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 10:47:26PM +1000, Keith Owens wrote:
> Lots of code with very few comments snipped. Come on Davem, make it
> understandable for us mere mortals. If it took two people to fix
> quirks and bugs and converge the algorithm, surely a few notes on how
> it works would not go astray.

Nope, I can't see how it works either.

BTW, a splay tree would also be as fast as what we have now in the
common case, without need for a special one entry cache. The root of
the tree automatically acts as the cache.

-- Jamie