Re: DHCP for Linux-2.1

Gordon Chaffee (chaffee@cs.berkeley.edu)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:21:57 -0700 (PDT)

Henrik Storner writes:
> Gordon Chaffee <chaffee@cs.berkeley.edu> writes:
> >I'm using the dhcpd v2 beta from
> > http://www.isc.org/dhcp-v2.html
> >It is working fine for me, currently on a 2.1.115 kernel.
>
> Must be Ethernet, then.
>
> So far I haven't seen any DHCP client that supports Token-Ring
> networks on a 2.1 kernel. The ISC DHCP client works fine on
> Token-Ring with a 2.0 kernel, but with 2.1.117, it seems that
> it cannot find the network interface.

Let me clarify. I am using the DHCP server, not the client, in 2.1.115
without problems. It is serving two ethernet networks and one wireless
network without problems. The only trouble I had with it is that it
wasn't happy with an IPIP tunnel and would exit, so I had to change the
code slightly to ignore IPIP tunnels.

- Gordon