Re: booting RAID partitions

Rob Hagopian (hagopiar@vuser.vu.union.edu)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:03:36 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, lilo can't read the kernel from more than one drive, but that's not
the issue. The problem was getting your root drive to be RAID, since you
needed /sbin/mdadd, /sbin/mdrun, /etc/mdtab, and possibly /sbin/ckraid to
make the RAID devices. Some of these were integrated into the kernel for
RAID 0/1 by passing kernel parameters, now it can be done for all RAID
devices.
Yes, you'll still need to put your kernels on a floppy or something.
-Rob